Saturday, May 21, 2005

Nick Hornby "The Polysyllabic Spree"

I just finished reading a collection of Hornby articles from The Gaurdian intitled "The Polysyllabic Spree" about his struggles with buying and reading books over the course of about a year. Now at first it seemed upsurd to me to buy a book about a the books a guy reads but it really is so much more than that. When I read I either want to be magically trasported to a place I have never been and lose myself of in the writing or I want to read something that opens up that layer that lies just beneath my conscious mind and makes me nod my head in agreement chapter after chapter. Hornby always does a little of both for me. Besides it has been a while since the last novel and his new novel "A Long Way Down" comes out in June and the proceeds from the book go to support a great cause. It is worth the effort. Hornby does not ever dissapoint me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home